Friday, September 28, 2007

Sarajevo















Its been a cool couple of days here in sarajevo - both in terms of the weather (I'm in the mountains now... it looks a lot like BC here), and my experience in town.

Couchsurfed with what I believe to be the only biker in Sarajevo, and spent time chilling with her and her friend Igor (another couchsurf host) who grew up 100 km from here and had lots to tell me about the area's history. Ate like a king (turns out food IS cheaper here... and often weighed for price - 1kg = 6$ cdn!)

Ate a sandwich and watched old men play on a giant chess set.

Took a lot of pictures, but started to feel almost dirty doing it - like thier pain is my tourism.

I'm going to visit the history museum, which I'm told is quite a heavy experience, then hit the road through the mountains to Montenegro. Onward and upward - hope my legs are ready for some hardass hillclimbs.

1 comment:

kimlett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.