Wednesday, May 30, 2007

On the road again

Well, its my last night in amsterdam - but I think I'll be taking it easy tonight. I plan on getting up early tomorrow and laying rubber to the road, heading south for Belgium. Even cutting corners at pretty much every oportunity I still spent way too much money in this city, but its been a good introduction to Europe generally, and the culture-shock just makes me sort of shake my head rather than interferes with me actually doing anything.

One of my longest standing friends came into town last night and we drank a crate of Grolsh together and wandered the city, smoked a joint or two (hey now, with your oldest friend in Amsterdam, it would be wrong not to!) and I sent him off on the train this afternoon. I'm feeling restless and ready to ride, and now nothing is holding from rolling anymore. I'm going to try and get in touch with the Rat Patrol chopper-bike club in Gent, Belgium, and perhaps I'll have more luck there getting in touch with the freakbikers than here (probably could have been done with a few more days here I think).

I still havent found somewhere that will let me upload photos, but you'll see them as soon as i do..

I guess that's about it for now- more to come from the road!

-simon

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Have a great time in Belgium...lots of cool beers. Hoegaarsen awaits your next stop. All the best.

Stevo
WaaZuBee Cafe

kimlett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.